Welcome to Moldover’s immersive music-creation training session. Drawing on over 10 years of experience as a full-time artist, Moldover offers you a comprehensive breakdown of the technical and creative systems that have helped him build and sustain an inspired and musical life. The practical tools and skills he demonstrates are expertly designed to ignite your enthusiasm, advance your workflow, and maximize your productivity with controllers and software.
- Augmented instrument and controller design
- Writing, producing, and playing: unifying the creative process
- Building a rig – from concept to concrete
- Creative time management strategies
- Money vs. Art – big dreams, realistic goals, and how to fund them
- Jamboxes – the future of collaborative music
- Q & A, feedback
Included content for workshop participants:
- Digital Super-Deluxe Edition of Moldover’s album with over an hour of video and 500MB of original samples
- Newly updated version of Moldover’s original Ableton controllerism/DJ template
- Moldover’s collection of “smart knob” Ableton Racks
No registration required turn up on the day
Participants should arrive with basic knowledge of popular music software (Ableton Live), and a strong interest in creating electronic music. This workshop focuses on real-time musical demonstrations of universally applicable concepts. Anyone from a complete beginner to a professional producer can learn plenty from Moldover’s collected experience. Participants are encouraged to take notes and ask questions during the workshop, applying the methods to their own music in their own studios as soon as possible.
Known worldwide as “The Godfather of Controllerism”, Moldover is a new breed of music icon. Combining the charisma of a rock star, the mad genius of a basement inventor, and the radical inclusiveness of the DIY internet generation, Moldover is “a paradigm shift in live electronic stage acts” (New City Music). Witness his balls-to-the-wall live show at a club, experience one of his interactive jamboxes at a festival, or pick up and play the “Light-Theremin” packaging of his debut album and understand the new musical archetype that is Moldover.